Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Lcockitt's stuff

non video game related projects...
RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Lcockitt's stuff

Post by RMDC »

He's so stealthy! :D It really came out beautifully. I think it should be hung at the entrance to a hallway - you're looking at it straight on as you approach, then as you turn to go down the hall, Snape comes out of nowhere and grabs your shoulder. "What are we doing out of class, Mister Potter?"
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Thanks guys!
RMDC wrote:He's so stealthy! :D It really came out beautifully. I think it should be hung at the entrance to a hallway - you're looking at it straight on as you approach, then as you turn to go down the hall, Snape comes out of nowhere and grabs your shoulder. "What are we doing out of class, Mister Potter?"
Sadly I don't have a large enough hallway, otherwise I would totally be doing this!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by no_need »

RMDC wrote:He's so stealthy! :D It really came out beautifully. I think it should be hung at the entrance to a hallway - you're looking at it straight on as you approach, then as you turn to go down the hall, Snape comes out of nowhere and grabs your shoulder. "What are we doing out of class, Mister Potter?"
RMDC, you always have the best ideas :D
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

How fun! Good luck with the border and the ends!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

It's been far far too long since I've updated this. So here's a couple of recently finished stitches!

First up is a poem that a friend asked me to stitch up for someone they worked with. I think they may be a coffee fiend...
Spoiler
Coffee Xstitch finished.jpg
Coffee Xstitch finished.jpg (545.46 KiB) Viewed 10276 times

I found a small kit in my stash of a barn owl. I think I originally bought it to do for my mum who likes owls, but I don't want to part with the little guy. Here he is with all of the cross stitches done with a tiny bit of backstitching...
Spoiler
WIP Barn Owl 3.jpg
WIP Barn Owl 3.jpg (430.66 KiB) Viewed 10276 times
And here he is after all of the back stitching! There should have been a couple of french knots in his eyes, but I ummm... forgot. And I don't like french knots, so conveniently forgot to do it once I remembered.
Spoiler
Barn Owl complete.jpg
Barn Owl complete.jpg (504.94 KiB) Viewed 10276 times

While I've been doing a fair bit of cross stitching lately, I also knit up a simple hat, using Sirdar's Heads Up yarn and bobble. Started knitting flat, realised sewing it up would be an absolute nightmare... and restarted it on circular needles. Pretty happy with how it came out - the stripes in the yarn look really good in my opinion.
Spoiler
Hat3.jpg
Hat3.jpg (266.18 KiB) Viewed 10276 times

Hopefully I'll keep this a bit more up to date going forward. I'm still slowly working on the Epic Pokemon Gen 1, and I still need to put a border around Secret Snape. There's also a quilt top that needs finishing off and the Lattes and Llamas GAL squares to finish putting together. Must stop starting new projects and finish off old ones!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love all of your recent projects! :clapping:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson