Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Aggie Tsubi's non-game cross stitch projects

non video game related projects...
Aggie Tsubi
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Aggie Tsubi's non-game cross stitch projects

Post by Aggie Tsubi »

Most of the stitching I've done in my life has been of subjects not related to video games, so I'm making this topic to share my various projects. I usually give away the stuff I make, so it'll be a little sparse in here to begin with. The next time I visit my mom, then I can add a whole bunch of pictures, since I give most of my projects to her. For now, I can show off the first of four seashell hand towels I'm stitching for her:

This was my first time working with a towel, so it was pretty interesting. The aida strip is a lot softer than normal aida, and the squares and hole sizes are a bit inconsistent. Maybe the towel I bought just isn't very good quality, I don't know. I would have gone with a darker towel color (the pattern recommends taupe), but I only had the options of pure white or this creamy white at my local Michaels. They only had one of each at the time too, so I'll have to go back to continue with the other shells. If I can find some other nice colors next time, I might do, say, two of this towel color and two of another. We'll see. My mom loves the ocean and seashells and all, so I hope she'll really like these when all four are done. :)

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Aggie Tsubi's non-game cross stitch projects

Post by arkani »

ooh, pretty! :D
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Shells are some of my favorite cross stitch patterns to look at, and yours came out beautifully. :)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Aggie Tsubi
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Aggie Tsubi »

It only took me five years lol, but I finally stitched the other three towels and finished this set:
Spoiler
Part of the reason I put it off forever is because my local Michael's seemed to stop stocking cross stitch towels right after I bought the one cream-colored one they had. I could never find an identical towel anywhere else, so it was only recently that I caved and bought these three others. I wish they were on darker-colored towels, and it kinda stinks that they don't all match, but I can't imagine my mom will ever use all four at once, so maybe she'll like switching it up now and then.

It's perfect timing to finish these too because my mom is moving into a waterfront property, so I think seashell hand towels will go nicely with a little beach house. :) I was recently helping her with the move, so in clearing out my own stuff that was still being stored at the house she's leaving, I gathered up a bunch of tiny little projects I stitched as a kid to bring back with me. (Unfortunately, it totally slipped my mind to snap some photos of the pieces I've given her over the years.)

Bookmarks:
Spoiler
(I guess this hot-air balloon project is my longest unfinished stitching project, seeing as I never turned it into a bookmark proper. I probably finished the stitching back in the 90s lol)

Magnets:
Spoiler
Little framed pieces:
Spoiler
Anyway, now that I'm done with the towels, it's time to get back to some game-related projects. :nod

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

The shells look lovely! Great job finishing them.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Congrats on finishing the towels...you mom will love using them!

And all of those other projects are fun!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson