Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Me and my beads

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: I actually don't know where to put my work! :)

Post by blackmageheart »

BeadedImagination wrote:And I was thinking about joining in on the portrait challenge; it may keep my motivation enabled.. :D
Please do! :grin:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

elsewhere721
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by elsewhere721 »

These are really awesome! I'd love to see more of your work with beads. :D

natepopinski
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by natepopinski »

Those look amazing!

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

Thanks! Oh also, here is my baby. I'm dating myself here but it's been with me for 22 years, and YES it still works :D :NES
IMG_20120613_201845.jpg
IMG_20120613_201845.jpg (90.04 KiB) Viewed 6641 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

BeadedImagination wrote:YES it still works :D
No reason it shouldn't! All of mine still work, and I still play them all too! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Wish the one my husband had still worked. Many a day early in our relationship where I'd sit with a pen and graph paper mapping out Swords and Serpent levels and code words. :D

Also... http://www.virtualnes.com/index.html

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

I still play all of mine too. However, I have a redundant copy of Shadowgate. Probably bought it without realizing I had one already.
Mei- I have a hand-drawn map of level 9 from the first LoZ that's color-coded with all the warps. Severely tattered, I need to redo it lol
Thanks.. this is all I need.. I don't have enough time-suckers in my life *heh* :swoon:
~Steph~

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

I wish I had one... I think I'll buy one on ebay one day ! :thumbsup:
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

Deraj828
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Deraj828 »

Pffft. Well there's a kick in the face to my seed bead work! I had a lengthy and nearly fruitless foray into the world of beadwork and looms. I'm glad and impressed to see how much better success you've had! I got two thirds of a bookmark of Mario in goomba's shoe done before my first thread ran out, and I didn't know what to do at that point! I was so tired of searching obscure and unhelpful articles online, watching little girls' video about their jewelry, not finding supplies and seeing my bookmark coming out vertically skewed that i just gave up and haven't touched it in a year.

Long story, simple moral: Good job!

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Deraj828 wrote:Pffft. Well there's a kick in the face to my seed bead work! I had a lengthy and nearly fruitless foray into the world of beadwork and looms. I'm glad and impressed to see how much better success you've had! I got two thirds of a bookmark of Mario in goomba's shoe done before my first thread ran out, and I didn't know what to do at that point! I was so tired of searching obscure and unhelpful articles online, watching little girls' video about their jewelry, not finding supplies and seeing my bookmark coming out vertically skewed that i just gave up and haven't touched it in a year.

Long story, simple moral: Good job!
Dera, I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your bead looming adventures :( Purely by coincidence, it was the first technique I learned how to do, I was introduced to it by a friend's mother when I was about 16. And all I had available at the time were the crappy, unevenly shaped, unevenly drilled beads that you could get at places like JoAnn's or Yarn N Darn. Probably the same beads you tried to use. I would be happy to help you; send me a PM if you wish :D
~Steph~