Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Crochet Katamari

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Crochet Katamari

Post by Laialda »

So I've become a bit addicted to making amigurumi of all genres. I plan on posting them all up here as a separate topic once i have more then just two video game themed ones to show off. ^_^ While making those I was struck with inspiration while one of my roomies was playing We Love Katamari the other day. Why couldn't I make a sort of amigurumi katamari or essentially a crocheted Katamari? So, using my newly acquired amigurumi making skills I made just a simple ball and before I attached the knobs I wondered if I could do anything to make things actually stick to it (mainly as a bit of a joke, not really seriously) when inspiration struck again!

So I present to you my fellow crafters/stitchers, my Magnetic Katamari Amigurumi! ^_^ Each node has a 3/4" magnet at the second highest power I could find. This is mainly due to the fact the the most powerful magnets were about $1 per magnet....and I really didn't feel like spending that much money on a passing fancy at the moment :P . So I hope you all enjoy and find it as awesome as I do ^_^. If someone else is actually interested in making one let me know and I'll try and write down my pattern when I make Mach 2 ^.^ (I found that I made the ball a little too small for the magnets I chose, The picture is taken from the non cluttered side.)
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

Zopa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Crochet Katamari

Post by Zopa »

Omg, you did SUCH a good job with that. I love how there are magnets in it too! You should post more pictures with more stuff stuck on it! :P

How big is it in real life?

Meowgan
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Crochet Katamari

Post by Meowgan »

Yes! The very thing!

I have a half finished katamari in my yarn stash. Yours is very cool but not as orange.

Also, I too have paid $1 per magnet for mine. I bout 7 pairs of $2 headphones and pulled them apart.