Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

FireKraken and the Projects of Fluffiness

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

FireKraken and the Projects of Fluffiness

Post by FireKraken »

I got into crocheting about a year ago and instantly fell in love with it, especially since I could make awesome nerdy things. Seeing everyone else here making really awesome amigurumi, I'll add my projects too!

This Christmas, I made my dad an eevee since he's become addicted to Pokemon Go and eevee is his favorite (obviously!). I found the pattern on deviantart from aphid777 here: https://aphid777.deviantart.com/art/Bab ... -443660084. It was very easy to follow and turned out so much better than I ever thought it would.
20171215_074513[1].jpg
20171215_074528[1].jpg
Now my other friends are jealous and making requests for their favorite pokemon, so I should have some more to show off in the future!

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: FireKraken and the Projects of Fluffiness

Post by FireKraken »

Here's another Christmas present I made. My D&D group was having a white elephant gift exchange, so I decided to make a dragon scale dice bag as my gift. It was a hit and kept getting stolen throughout the evening. I ended up having to make a second one for myself to stop me from taking my own gift :D
20171215_074610[1].jpg
(sorry for the sideways picture)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

LOVE Eevee...and the bag is beautiful!!! Cograts on joining the wonderful world of crochet...you are now doomed :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

Firehawke wrote:Congrats on joining the wonderful world of crochet...you are now doomed :P
Haha, this is so true. Crochet can be wonderfully addictive. I really love these pieces. Do you happen to have a pattern (or even just rough notes) for the dice bag?

Can't wait to see what you make next!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

You are very right Firehawke. I am definitely doomed. One of my early projects was a large crocheted basket to hold yarn. I filled the basket a month later with tons of yarn. I've made three afghans, working on a fourth (Hufflepuff themed), and planning a fifth (Tardis themed).

Clarington, I used the pattern here for the dice bag: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/librar ... g-dice-bag
The pattern is really easy to follow and only took about 3 hours to make. I did 8 rows of crocodile stitch which seemed to be a good size. The pattern is very simple to adjust to whatever size you want. I used paracord and cord locks for the drawstring closure.

Crocodile stitch is so much fun!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I haven't tried crocodile stitch yet, but it looks way cute!

Those sound like some fun projects!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Hi everyone! I just finished another project, a hufflepuff themed blanket for a friend.
20180205_214300.jpg
I love the color striping with caron big cakes yarn, and this pattern worked really well with it to bring out the alternating chevrons. It was a lot of fun to make, especially with my furry "assistants" helping with yarn tension and keeping my lap warm while I worked.
20171026_212217.jpg
Here's my assistant helping with another blanket I was working on. She loves to curl up with me while I'm crafting.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love the blanket! And yay for furry assistants...they are the best!

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

I finally finished my next blanket! As a Father's Day present for my dad, I made him a TARDIS colored blanket. Since he was the one who introduced me to Doctor Who, it seemed only fitting.
Spoiler
20180617_164948.jpg
(Very jealous I don't have Firehawke's adipose to pose with it)

The pattern is on the bias (stitched diagonally) which was a nice challenge transitioning from a triangle to a rectangle. It felt very wibbly-wobbly and took a lot of timey-wimey, but it was well worth it and fun to finish. I was trying to pair the gift with the cross stitched exploding TARDIS, but that will have to wait till Christmas or next year. Exploding TARDIS has a lot of color changes.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It looks beautiful!!! I bet he loved it!

Good luck with Exploding TARDIS!!! I really need to give that one a try!

As for Adipose...I think it's still available on Amazon :)