Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

NES Sampler Quilt a Long

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

NES Sampler Quilt a Long

Post by tnitnetny »

It's here! November 1! Thank you to everyone that gave feedback and helped Nicole and I in the putting together of it.

I hope to see a lot of people joining in!

http://www.crafthackers.com/quilt-a-lon ... materials/

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: NES Sampler Quilt a Long

Post by wozz90 »

That looks fantastic! I definately need to have a go at quilting sometime.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Good morning Toni! I am in! I'm excited to buy fabric for this *purposefully ignores the giant boxes of stash fabric*
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Although you could use some of your stash for it. There are some colors that you only need 1/4 yard. But fabric shopping is also SO MUCH FUN!

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

tnitnetny wrote:Although you could use some of your stash for it.
LALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU

I was thinking that it would be cool to try to make this all out of stash fabric. Or, mostly, since some of the colors are very specific. We'll see. I have a month to think on it :)

dotcomm
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by dotcomm »

I would love to join in on this one :)

What width is the fabric in the materials list?

Are the blocks being released in numbered order? I might not be able to get all the fabric at once, so it would be handy to know which fabric to start with for the first few blocks

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

1) All traditional fabric is 42-44 inches so all measurements are based on 40 inches wide. If you buy it from a fabric or quilt store it will be fine (by the bolt, not pieces of fabric). Is that something you think we should add to the directions?

2) Yes. They will be released in numerical order, so Kirby is December 1.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

tnitnetny wrote:1) All traditional fabric is 42-44 inches so all measurements are based on 40 inches wide. If you buy it from a fabric or quilt store it will be fine (by the bolt, not pieces of fabric). Is that something you think we should add to the directions?
It might be worth noting that on the materials page. Better to answer the question for the 4 people that would wonder, you know?

ETA: When I was writing up my first pattern, I had "sew the seam" or something like that, and my tester said to write "sew with an accurate 1/4" inch seam" and my response was along the lines of "people should know that" and her response was "no, don't assume that... they may be clothing makers or just not know or whatever, you really should include that" which made sense.

dotcomm
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by dotcomm »

tnitnetny wrote:1) All traditional fabric is 42-44 inches so all measurements are based on 40 inches wide. If you buy it from a fabric or quilt store it will be fine (by the bolt, not pieces of fabric). Is that something you think we should add to the directions?
Yes I think it's useful, that way I can work out how much fabric to get if I find some wider stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the order of the squares, I am going to a big craft fair this weekend so hopefully I can find some fabric for this awesome project :)

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

A lot of the wider stuff is meant for backings, so I am not sure if you can find the colors that you would want to use, but if you can then great!

Be careful when you look at fabric at the craft fair. Sometimes they only offer fat quarters which you would have to do math to figure out how much to cut. A fat quarter is half of a half yard of fabric so is only about 21 inches wide.