TigerLily's Misc Projects- Tifa Pixel Blanket Complete Pg 3

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Misc Projects- WIP Pixel Blanket

Post by TigerLily »

Firehawke wrote:Love having a ton of my go to yarn in my stash for projects like this!
It works out so well. I make a lot of items for other people, mostly baby items- hats, dresses, cardigans, etc. I don't post them here because they have nothing to do with any fandoms or anything. Anyway, I almost never use up all of the yarn that I've purchased for the project and so I end up having loads of half skeins and such. Then there is the reason I have so much white to use up, which is a less fun reason, being that I was let down by someone who had originally asked me for a blanket and then changed their mind after I bought the yarn. Oh well, it's being put to good use now. :)

I haven't taken another picture yet, but my current update on squares is 1240. I'm sort of trying to keep them hidden away at the moment, but I'll take a good picture of them when I get close to sewing time.

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

I have finished crocheting all 1,800 squares!!!!

Now I am weaving in all of my ends- the squares in the plastic bag are ones that are already woven in. When I'm done with that, I will start crocheting them together. I am really hoping to have the blanket finished by the end of the week. :D

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Good luck with all of those ends!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

I was very silly in my thinking. I gave myself the impression that I would be able to fly through the joining, but I was so, so very wrong, haha. I do think that I am making pretty good progress, but it is still slow-going. So far, I am halfway up the blanket going horizontally. Which means I have quite a ways to go still.

Here is a WIP pic:

This is horizontal seams only. I am working straight across each row using slip stitches and once every square is connected, I will use the same method going vertically.

I'm sure a few people will be able to figure out what the image is now. :D
Also, the background is a bit chaotic. I think I mentioned before that I am literally just using everything in my stash, but I am doing my best to give the chaos a little bit of order. That's also why I outlined her in the white- to help her stand out of the background. Hopefully it will turn out well.

**Side note- This thing is huge! A little bigger than I anticipated. I have no idea how I am going to photograph it when it's complete since I was having trouble just getting a picture of the halfway point. I may have to lay it down on the kitchen floor and climb a ladder or something. :P

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

It's looking great so far! I can only imagine how much work that is.
TigerLily wrote:I'm sure a few people will be able to figure out what the image is now.
Looks like Tifa to me :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

blackmageheart wrote:It's looking great so far! I can only imagine how much work that is.
Thanks! It's definitely more work than I was imagining. haha
blackmageheart wrote:Looks like Tifa to me :)
Hurray! That means I am succeeding so far! :yahoo:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Looking great! Good luck with all of the joining!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Finally done with all of that joining, weaving, etc!

Here she is:

The background is a bit chaotic since it is literally anything and everything that I had in my stash, but that's why I made sure to put an outline of white around her. I tried to make it appear as orderly as possible and I'm quite happy with how she turned out. :)

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: TigerLily's Misc Projects- Tifa Pixel Blanket Complete P

Post by lcockitt »

This is great! I really like how the background came out, outlining in white was a great idea. Fantastic!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: TigerLily's Misc Projects- Tifa Pixel Blanket Complete P

Post by blackmageheart »

Love it! The background almost has a sort of stained glass window feel to it. I wouldn't worry about it, because it looks awesome! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...