TigerLily's Misc Projects- Tifa Pixel Blanket Complete Pg 3

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Yoshi's Woolly World- And TigerLily's Other Projects

Post by Clarington »

I love love love crochet pixel blankets, but I don't know how you have the patience to stitch all those little squares together! I have no idea what it's going to be, and can't wait to see it finished. Be sure to post lots more WIPs :)
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Thanks Firehawke! I'm excited and nervous, haha.
Clarington wrote:I love love love crochet pixel blankets, but I don't know how you have the patience to stitch all those little squares together! I have no idea what it's going to be, and can't wait to see it finished. Be sure to post lots more WIPs :)
This is my first pixel blanket. The only things similar that I've made are regular blankets made of larger squares. I also crocheted a version of Paul McCartney's granny square vest a while back, but that was only 105 small squares, where this blanket will be between 1600-1800! So, I'm not 100% sure how my patience will be either, haha.

I'll try to post more WIPs as I get big chunks of squares done, but they probably won't be super exciting. :P

AvFan4vr
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by AvFan4vr »

He is so cute! Awesome job!

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: TigerLily's Misc Projects- WIP Pixel Blanket

Post by TigerLily »

I've been getting a good chunk of squares done for my pixel blanket.

This is what 320 white squares looks like (plus a few random colours for the background as well):

I've decided that what I'm going to do for the background isn't going to be super well planned out. I'm basically going to crochet as many squares as I can with any bits left in my stash. I had a lot of leftover balls of white (as you can see), including some full balls, which is why I was able to get so many of those. I think I'll outline the image in white so it stands out a bit from the background and then maybe use one or two colours to make a frame around the outer edge. But other than those two planned parts, the background might look crazy. Luckily, I do have a few full or nearly full balls in my stash from previous projects or projects that never came to fruition, so that will be helpful. I'll also be using whatever I have leftover from colours in the actual image, so you can see there are extras of the peach colours and browns already. Hopefully I can make it look at least somewhat decent int he end. :P

And here is what I have done so far all together:

So far, I've got a grand total of 908 squares (out of 1800) finished, so I don't think I'm doing too badly at the moment. I've only got 3 more colours to finish for the main image, but for the time being, I'm going to just focus on getting as much done on the background as I can and see how much of my stash can be put to good use.

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

That's looking great so far. 1800 is a heck of a lot of squares, but I'm sure it will be well worth it in the end. I think a "stash-busting" background is a great idea and I can't wait to see it come together. Good luck with the rest of the squares!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You've gotten a ton done! :thumbsup:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Clarington wrote:That's looking great so far. 1800 is a heck of a lot of squares, but I'm sure it will be well worth it in the end. I think a "stash-busting" background is a great idea and I can't wait to see it come together. Good luck with the rest of the squares!
Thanks! It really is a lot of squares. My friends keep pointing out how much of a pain it will be to sew them all together, haha.

Firehawke wrote:You've gotten a ton done! :thumbsup:
It's so exciting getting a chunk done each day. Yesterday I broke 1000! So only 800 left! (only, haha)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay! Congrats! What yarn are you using?

When it comes to sewing a lot of squares together, a good TV show or movie marathon is a plus :nod
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by TigerLily »

Firehawke wrote:Yay! Congrats! What yarn are you using?

When it comes to sewing a lot of squares together, a good TV show or movie marathon is a plus :nod
Thanks! The majority of the yarn that I'm using is Stylecraft Special Double Knitting, since that's pretty much my go-to brand and therefore makes up the bulk of my stash. I'm also using any other random double knitting weight yarn that I have.

I'll definitely have to have some background entertainment going on during the sewing process. Luckily, Netflix should help with that. Maybe I'll put on Pokemon or something like that: something that I've seen before so it doesn't require much paying attention, haha.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love having a ton of my go to yarn in my stash for projects like this!

Yay for shows like that!