Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Morrigan Cosplay for My Doll (Pic Heavy)

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
PinkPoodle
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Morrigan Cosplay for My Doll (Pic Heavy)

Post by PinkPoodle »

For those of you who aren't familiar, Morrigan is a character from the video game Dragon Age. Here's a terrible reference for her outfit (it's hard to find a clear picture of the whole thing): http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Morrigan%27s_Robes. I'm going to Denver Comic Con this week and I thought I might want to take my doll. But she needed something to wear! Her hair kind of looks like Morrigan's, and I thought it would be a fairly easy cosplay. Not bad for having no idea what I'm doing and $6. Her top is panne velvet, sleeves, cuffs and boots are fake stretchy leather. The necklace is a pendant I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I can't take credit for the staff. I borrowed it from a poppet made for me by Kookaloo_Starr on craftster.org.

I have no idea how to make boots so I faked it.

Insert cool fire effect here.

I had fun making this. Amazingly, I made everything without a pattern. Thanks for looking!
Currently working on:
Tiki Room Cross Stitch
Large Skyrim Perler project
A quilt I really need to finish

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Morrigan Cosplay for My Doll (Pic Heavy)

Post by blackmageheart »

Impressive! I think you did really well making this outfit, especially based on the image you posted.
Doll costumes are something I used to make when I was a little Mage and I've often thought about making video game cosplays for them! Of course, I'd have to get me a new doll... ;)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Very nice! I always get super stressed/worried if I don't have instructions/a pattern. It looks great! I can't say I ever made clothes for dolls, but my great-grandmother and my mom made clothes for her Barbie (the short, red-haired one). Hm....I wonder if doing cosplay dolls would be cheaper than doing one for myself.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

PinkPoodle
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by PinkPoodle »

Thanks! Cosplay for dolls may be cheaper depending on what type of doll you get. Mine is a BJD (Asian Ball Jointed Doll) and they can get pretty pricey as they are a specialty item and also can't be mass produced.
Currently working on:
Tiki Room Cross Stitch
Large Skyrim Perler project
A quilt I really need to finish