Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario Bros. 3 Blanket FINISH (Pics on Page 5-6)

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
AuntTink
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Super Mario Bros. 3 Blanket FINISH (Pics on Page 5-6)

Post by AuntTink »

I've been around Sprite Stitch as a guest, admiring all the wonderful things you all create and have finally decided to make the plunge to hopefully create and share some of my beautiful things as well.
It all started when I found Gege Crochet's Super Mario Obsession blanket http://gegecrochet.blogspot.com.au/2009 ... art-1.html and thought I could do something cool like that. I showed it to my husband and he picked out the Super Mario Bros. 3 title screen. After creating a pattern and ripping the blanket out due to a huge error (I accidentally made the hilltops flat) I was in desperate need for some instruction/motivation to continue on which is how I stumbled onto Sprite Stitch.
My issue was that I had used a .jpeg image to create the pattern which was giving me all kinds of crazy pixels to self-determine what the colors should be. Thankfully Servotron had developed a how-to guide using KG chart which was definitely my saving grace. I went in search of a .png image to create the pattern which was soo much better than the first. So I began again working fervently to get back to where I was. I had the blanket almost completely done in panels when I was unable to stitch it together in a way that was strong enough to hold up to use and seamless enough that it looked correct. Once again I was faced with the horrible decision to rip it out. So rather than rip the whole thing out, I set the panels aside and began a brand new one. This time I was determined that I was going to avoid as many hiccups as possible, opened up the pattern and double checked everything. I picked up my crochet hook and started once more this time making it all in one piece to eliminate the joining problem.
The Title Screen is surrounded by a border of various sprites and coin boxes. The top and bottom show a progression scene using Mario and Luigi. I started work on this version in August 2013 and to date (February 2014) have almost halfway completed it.
Attachments
The Original Idea
The Original Idea
Panels.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 21736 times
Whole2.png
Whole2.png (2.32 MiB) Viewed 21736 times
Bottom Portion of the Border
Bottom Portion of the Border
Progression.png (744.6 KiB) Viewed 21736 times
Flat Hilltops
Flat Hilltops
Mario.png (264.42 KiB) Viewed 21736 times
Last edited by AuntTink on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Super Mario Bros. 3 Blanket

Post by tyrannorus »

:shock: That is amazing! I really need to learn how to do this kind of stuff! Can't wait to see it done.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

:shock:
This is awesome, I hope you'll keep posting updates!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

dark_king999
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by dark_king999 »

Woooow, this is awesome! I want to see the finalized project!

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

HOLY CRAP

I WANT TO CURL UP INSIDE IT AND NEVER LEAVE
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

This looks great! What yarn are you using??? Can't wait to see it all pieced together!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Wow! Totally awesome blanket!

AuntTink
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by AuntTink »

Thank you all! I'm very excited and beyond ready to have it done!
Firehawke wrote:This looks great! What yarn are you using??? Can't wait to see it all pieced together!
I'm using the RedHeart Super Saver Yarn. It's acrylic so it's more wallet friendly :)
lcockitt wrote::shock:
This is awesome, I hope you'll keep posting updates!
I'm planning to update as much as I can. Hopefully I'll have an update sometime this week, 6 days off means LOTS of time crocheting :)

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

That is stunning! What beautiful work you've done. I am beyond impressed with that blanket. I don't often covet things, but oh my goodness I want your blanket.

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Would you be willing to share your KG pattern for this? It would probably end up on my to-do list :)