Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Life Sized Zelda Painting

Video game craft projects made with MISC supplies...
SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Life Sized Zelda Painting

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Hey guys! I'm going to be doing a life sized Zelda painting for one of my art assignments this year :D But I need opinions on the background, before I can officially START on it. The theme for everything I'm doing this year is New and Old, so this one is going to be classic gaming vs. modern gaming. So Zelda is going to be the Twilight Princess one, and the background is going to be a pixilated map from one of the games, but I can't decide which, and which part to use. I was hoping that you guys would be able to help me pick, or if you have a suggestion about anything else that would make a good background, feel free to shout it out! Below are the ones that I'm stuck between. By the way, this thing is going to be six feet tall and four feet wide, and I need to figure out the area I'm doing so that I can grid it right...

This one was pretty, but it'd be a bit hard to pixilate, I thought :/
Spoiler
So, I was going to put them all in spoilers and make them look all nice with the picture, but apparently I am mostly incompetent at doing that, so the rest are going to have to be links. Sorry :sorry:

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a039 ... -image.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=zelda+ma ... x=94&ty=61

http://www.vgmaps.com/NewsArchives/Apri ... holint.png

Also, I wasn't sure if this was the right area to post this in, but I figured I'd use this thread to post WIPs in, too, so I thought it'd be fine!

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Life Sized Zelda Painting

Post by no_need »

Ooh yay, WIPs! I was really intrigued by this project when you mentioned it in your letter (and I think I failed to mention the fact in my reply... D'oh!) so I'm really pleased you'll be sharing it here!

I like the Link's Awakening map best (the last one you linked to) because I think the colours are really vivid and would contrast well with the more subtle Twilight Princess palette. I do think you're setting yourself up for a monster project though - can't wait to see it taking shape!
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

:D Thank you! Yeah, I might start hating myself in the middle, but I thinkn it'll be worth it in the end :yahoo:

They would play off of eachother nicely. Do you think that a particular chunk of the map would be better or worst to use?

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by no_need »

Ooh, I'm not sure... I think the mountain with the egg on it should be visible since it's the main plot point of the game, but other than that I don't know!
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

no_need wrote:Ooh, I'm not sure... I think the mountain with the egg on it should be visible since it's the main plot point of the game, but other than that I don't know!
Seconded!

This is gonna be brilliant! A fantastic idea! Please keep us updated!!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Oh gosh, thank you! I've never played that particular game, so it's good to know that's the chunk that will make it recognizable :D

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Hey guys! WIPs!!!

this is right after I finished the grid tonight
Spoiler
And this is after I finished drawning her outline! Her head shape is horrible because I didn't want to waste my eraser on erasing all my crap lines. Also, she looks kind of squat, but in person it's way better.
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love the outline...this is going to look so cool!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

:D Thank you!! I hope it looks as good as I want it to!

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

I have a second WIP! I'm actually WAY further than this, but the last four days before school was out I spent every moment of my time on it, and then I started work, and so I havn't had a chance to upload them yet, so I'll space them out a little bit :D
Spoiler